"...contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints."- Jude 1:3

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Poem on the Different Perspectives of Atheism and Christianity

 
I got this poem from a post on Facebook. I don't know the name of the poem or the author, nevertheless it's a clever poem that can be read as an atheist's view on life if reading downwards from the top, but as a Christian's view on life if read upwards from the bottom.
An Atheist’s View on Life:

I will live my life according to these beliefs
God does not exist
It is just foolish to think
That there is a God with a cosmic plan
That an all-powerful God brings purpose to the pain and suffering in the world
Is a comforting thought, however
Is only wishful thinking
People can do as they please without eternal consequences
The idea that
I am deserving of Hell
Because of sin
Is a lie meant to make me a slave to those in power
The more you have, the happier you will be
Our existence has no grand meaning or purpose
In a world with no God
There is freedom to be who I want to be
But with God
Everything is fine
It is ridiculous to think
I am lost and in need of saving

A Christian’s View on Life
(Now...read from bottom to top to see the different view.)
 
P.S. I was told the poem IS titled. The two titles are the description at the top and bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment