"...contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints."- Jude 1:3

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Does God's Foreknowledge Preclude Human Free Will? Philip Swenson vs. Taylor Cyr

 

Two of my favorite defenders of Calvinism really enjoyed listening to this debate/discussion.  Guillaume Bignon I end up siding with Philip Swenson, but had the exact same evaluation as Paul Manata did. Paul Manata wrote on his facebook wall:
//I’ve probably watched less than 10% of Capturing Christianity’s episodes, so my judgment here means very little if you take it to be an ontological claim about the best episode, but the Cyr-Swenson episode is *by far* my favorite. I’ve watched it three times. This isn’t a “debate” at all, but a discussion between two top experts who know all the moves in the debate. It’s almost like a dance, each partner knowing their move after the other had made theirs. Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that they planned this dance ahead of time! For those up-to-speed on the state of the discussion, this discussion is a real treat. I ultimately side with Cyr, but Swenson masterfully shows just how difficult it is to make the argument against his side.//

 

Does God's Foreknowledge Preclude Human Free Will? Philip Swenson vs. Taylor Cyr
https://youtu.be/uPl2heSStGk 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment